2/26/11 - The End of the Story

>> Saturday, February 26, 2011

The end of the story: I come up from the wilderness, leaning on my beloved.
His love never fails. Nothing can conquer it. He will always love me with the same passion, the same jealousy. His love cannot be bought, and it cannot be earned.

Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal upon your arm,
for love is strong as death,
jealousy as fierce as the grave.
Its flashes are flashes of fire,
the very flame of the Lord.
Many waters cannot quench love,
neither can floods drown it.
If a man offered for love
all the wealth of his house,
he would be utterly despised.
Song of Solomon 8:6-7

I have found peace in the blood of Jesus. His blood is costly, and in return for his loving sacrifice, I give him my life, my everything. I eagerly await the day of his return!
Make haste, my beloved, and be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices.
Song of Solomon 8:14

Father,
thank you for the abundant love you have for me. The love that never dies; even when I run away, your love never fails. Thank you for seeking me out when I was a stranger. Thank you for calling my name, giving me the grace to trust in the blood of Jesus (the blood that covers sin!), and for forgiving me. Thank you for anointing me with the Holy Spirit. I tend to put you in a box. You don't fit in boxes, though. You're too big. Thank you for teaching me that I don't have to keep asking for the Holy Spirit. Thank you that I already have him! Now I ask you for the grace to live by the Spirit. I don't want to box you up in the church building or in music. I want to raise the dead and heal the sick. I want to love the unloved. I want to clearly demonstrate you. Make yourself evident through the way I live. Give me the grace to live by the Spirit. Grow my faith. I love you.
Amen

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP