2/25/11 - Present Perfect Tense

>> Friday, February 25, 2011

Christ thinks I'm beautiful, and he loves me no matter what. That's the theme of this week, and it's the theme of my life, too. In Song of Solomon 7, the husband continues describing the beauty of his bride. christ is captivated by the beauty he created in me and in the church. He wants me to be fruitful and to demonstrate the Holy Spirit in my life and in my words.

I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its fruit. Oh may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your mouth like the best wine. It goes down smoothly for my beloved, [causing the lips of sleepers to speak].
Song of Solomon 7:8-9
I long to be undistracted from my husband. I give myself completely and exclusively to him.

~~~~
Today I also studied Jeremiah 31. I am taken by all of the statements made in the present perfect tense:
"I have loved you."
"I have been faithful."
"I have ransomed."
"I have redeemed."

He has already given us what we need.
He is a father.
There is a reward.
He does remember us.
He does love us.
At the end of Jeremiah 31, God promises Israel a new covenant: the covenant he has fulfilled through Jesus Christ and through the Holy Spirit in us.
This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, "Know the Lord," for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:33-34
He has fulfilled this. I am full of the Holy Spirit. My sin is remembered no more. I don't need to ask God to give me the Holy Spirit, because when I trusted in him, he gave it to me.
I already have him.
My prayer is no longer, "Give me the Holy Spirit, pour him down on me like rain," because that does nothing. I already have the Holy Spirit. My new prayer is this, "Make yourself seen in my life. Let the Holy Spirit flow out of me. Let people see you in me."

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP