2/24/11 - Unfailing Love

>> Thursday, February 24, 2011

In Song of Solomon 5, the bride separates herself from the husband, looking for him only at her own convenience. In chapter 6, Christ reveals himself once again to his bride! She runs to him and gives herself to him. "I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine." Just like before! Christ again professes his love. Verses 5-7 are taken word for word from verses in chapter 4, before the bride ran away.

Your hair is like a flock of goats
leaping down the slopes of Gilead.
Your teeth are like a flock of ewes
that have come up from the washing;
all of them bear twins;
not one among them has lost its young.
Your cheeks are like halves of a pomegranate
behind your veil.
Song of Solomon 6:5-7
This repetition affirms that, no matter how wayward I am, Christ's love for me remains. He calls me precious. NOTHING I do can stop his love! When I run away, Christ calls, saying, "return, return, Oh my Bride, return, return," perfecting the expression of his desire for me, for my return.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP